Monday, July 30, 2018

50 And Floyd: When Two Petty Personalities Split

50 and Floyd during happier times
By Brenda Alexander

Former BFF’s Floyd Mayweather and 50 Cent’s beef doesn’t seem to be dying down any time soon. They’ve been exposing each other’s skeletons on Instagram for weeks. So far, they’ve thrown shots at Floyd’s illiteracy, 50 as an absentee father, Floyd as a woman beater, 50’s a rat, neither of them having any street cred and they are both broke. And that's the PG-13 version.

Continue
50 posted a police statement of Floyd’s son account of witnessing alleged abuse against his mom at the hand of Floyd, via IG

They fell out in 2012 over a money dispute and according to 50, Floyd acted brand new after being released from prison and no longer needed 50’s help. 

Floyd alleges 50 is an informant via IG
This is what happens when two vindictive spirits ”breakup.” You are the company you keep right? And, I’m quite sure that when they were bromancing it up, they trolled others as a duo. 50 is a petty Cancer and Mayweather is insecure. That’s a poisonous combo.

None of their antics are surprising. This is how they operate. Did Floyd not expose his ex Ms. Jackson’s abortion to his millions of Facebook followers when she finally left him and found comfort in the arms of Nelly after years of alleged abuse. And 50 is worse than a bitter wife fighting for alimony and full custody of the kids in a nasty divorce. He goes to great lengths to destroy whomever he feels has wronged him. Vivica Fox, Ja- Rule and as recent as Papoose are just a few he’s taunted online.

I get it gentlemen, a friendship ending is a horrible death, and it’s hard to mourn the loss of someone who is still alive. But you gotta move on my G’s, and not like this.

As when any other relationship ends, you should take a step back and analyze why. Were there warning signs? Did this friend have major character flaws? How did they treat their other friends? There are normally tons of red flags.

I recently experienced a breakup with a friendship, and the signs were always there. This individual didn’t have any other solid friendships outside of me. It wasn’t until after we parted ways that I analyzed the way in which they treated others, and the sole theme was that they always attached themselves to those who could benefit them. Our relationship was no different.

It was a non-reciprocal relationship in which they got more from me than I got from them. I was met with many requests that I fulfilled and when I needed something, I got nothing. All of my other friends warned me that I was being used but I didn’t see it. I’m not one to take inventory of what I do for others, which is a blessings and a curse, so I ignored their pleas to either end the friendship or confront the “issue.” Furthermore, I’m not one to take things personally as quickly as others. “Oh, they are just going through a rough time,” I’d say. But deep down inside, I knew it was an imbalanced relationship.

Oddly enough, this friend stopped speaking to me after they assumed I was upset over a professional favor I requested. Guilty conscious maybe? After reaching out to them on two separate occasions to try and have a conversation and come to a resolution, I gladly let them go.

Considering the caliber of a friend I am, I’m always shocked when others aren’t the same. I helped this friend emotionally, financially, professionally and even as far as extending the same to their family - so it stung when things went south and I was easily dismissed as I was. But, as tempting as it was to air this person’s dirty laundry, I took the high road. After all, you teach people how to treat you and they only do what’s allowed.

In a digital world, to refrain from social media wars, I use the “out of sight, out of mind” approach. You’re unfollowed, blocked, numbers are deleted, pictures are erased and whatever else is necessary for me to cleanse myself of you. Because, the moment I see something online that even appears to be directed towards me, it’s human nature to want to respond. I’d rather take the drastic steps necessary to disengage before allowing anything to fester and eventually explode. Nothing or no one should be worth my peace of mind or have me act out of character.

More often than not, people react off of impulse. If I once considered someone a friend, what justice does it do if I lay all of their shit bare? What does that reveal about me? I’m more of a let go and let God type of chick. I’m not blocking any blessings to come my way by seeking to destroy someone else because the older I get and the more attention I pay to the way the universe works, it’s evident that karma handles people and situations in its own time.

50 and Floyd - just stop. And if you read this, don’t come for me beloved. I’d rather you both win.

Do you take your spats with friends public?
Brenda is a Philadelphia native with a love for Marketing, Creative writing, wine and Jesus. Her work has been featured on Mayvenn’s Real Beautiful blog and she is the co-author of the book Christmas 364: Be Merry and Bright Beyond Christmas Night (available for purchase on amazon). Follow her on IG @trulybrenda_ and trulybrenda.wordpress.com


from Natural Hair Care | Curly Nikki https://ift.tt/2mQe2pU

No comments:

Post a Comment