Friday, October 20, 2017

Travel Truths: The Realities of Living Abroad


Anquanette Gaspard in Plaza de Espana in Seville via onshegoes.com 

By Anquanette Gaspard 
 It was 8:30 a.m. and I was standing at a bus stop in Valencia, Spain, trying to figure out why Autobús 41 wasn’t running that day. With signage in a foreign language and Google Translate failing on me due to shoddy cellular service, it took every ounce of my being to fight the urge to go home to watch old episodes of Grey’s Anatomy on Netflix rather than figure out how to get to my intended destination. The observance of a Spanish holiday changed the regular bus schedule, and my language school didn’t inform students of this holiday since it didn’t affect the school’s schedule. However, it did affect almost everything else, like operating hours at government offices, the post office, and shops around the city. Once I realized that the bus wasn’t coming, I was forced to decide if I should take the 30-minute walk to school to face four grueling hours of Spanish lessons or call it quits on a day that had barely started.

 Continue






from Natural Hair Care | Curly Nikki http://ift.tt/2xTUatV

No comments:

Post a Comment