Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Get Thicker Looking Natural Hair, Today!


Hola Chica!

I'm rocking my first twist-out (no rollers) since April '17! I created 20 chunky twists using Ouidad's Feather Styling Cream (gifted) and secured the roots with bobby pins.  I twisted the crown section going toward my face for volume and natural hangage. To get BIG, uniform, fluffy results I have to remember to do 3 things:

1. Twist hair that's 80-90% dry.  As soon as I hop out of the shower, I tie up my clean, wet, detangled, naked hair using a t-shirt. This soaks up the excess moisture without roughing up the cuticle. It's important for the hair to be product-free at this point.  After about 15 minutes, I remove the t-shirt to find hair that's about 75% dry. I let it air dry a little more and only then do I begin the styling process.

2. Use product sparingly. I apply product to each small section just prior to two-strand twisting.  I use about a dime size amount for each twist.  Any more than that and the product could flake or weigh my hair down. 

3. Release the twists while the hair is 95% damp.  Goes against everything you know and love, but it works!  If I release my twists just before they get the chance to dry 100%, I get fluffier results.  I just release them without further separating or fluffing as to not cause frizz. Then, after my hair is totally dry, I fluff, pick the roots and style.  When I allow my hair to fully dry in the twists, or worse, wait to release the twists on day 2, my twist-out is limp and sad. Doing it this way, there is barely any scalpiness to fluff away! 

Your other self,
Nik


from Natural Hair Care | Curly Nikki http://ift.tt/2y8u0Tk

No comments:

Post a Comment