Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Serena Williams Has Kicked Butt A Total of 308 Times


by Tiffani Greenaway of MyMommyVents.com

This weekend at the U.S. Open, Serena Williams made history with her 308th win. Williams, who celebrates her 35th birthday on September 26th, didn’t even think she’d still be playing tennis. ''I definitely never thought I would be playing still,'' she said. ''Now I don't really see when I'm going to stop, because I'm just enjoying these moments out here, getting to break records that I didn't even know existed or I didn't even know was possible.''

Continue!>>>


With 88 wins at the U.S. Open, 86 at Wimbledon, 74 at the Australian Open, and 60 at the French Open, Serena has won more Grand Slam matches than anyone else in tennis history. ''It's a huge number,'' said the tennis champ. ''I think it's very significant, actually. I think it's something that just really talks about the length of my career, in particular. I've been playing for a really long time. But also, given that consistency up there - that's something that I'm really proud of.''

In the face of controversy over her hairstyles, outfits, body type, and romantic relationships, Serena triumphs at her game. In 2012, Danish tennis player Caroline Wozniacki mocked Serena’s physique by stuffing her tennis top and short with towels in an exhibition match. In 2001 at the BNP Paribas Open, after being booed by the crowd, Serena’s father and sister encountered racist fans, causing Serena to boycott the event until 2015. "When Venus and I were walking down the stairs to our seats, people kept calling me nigger," said Richard Williams, Serena’s father. "One guy said, 'I wish it was '75; we'd skin you alive.' (http://ift.tt/1KrjBh3)

Although she’s been the subject of scrutiny, heckling, racism and mockery, Serena continues to shine. "I just feel like I'm going out there doing what I need to do," Serena told reporters. "I'm not overplaying, I'm not underplaying. I'm just trying to play my way into this tournament."

***********************************
Tiffani Greenway is the wife and mom behind MyMommyVents, a New York city parenting blog. Her tips have been seen on Yahoo Parenting, Mommy Noire, and Fit Pregnancy. Find more of Tiffani's work at mymommyvents.com.



from Curly Nikki | Natural Hair Care http://ift.tt/2bR9ZBw

No comments:

Post a Comment