Wednesday, September 21, 2016

I Cut My Natural Hair... And I'm So Happy!



 by Michelle Thames of HappilyEverNatural.com

 Yes, it’s true I cut my natural hair, and I am so happy that I did! I began my natural hair journey in 2009. I transitioned for 24 months and I would say I was “fully” natural by 2011, when I cut the remaining relaxer from my hair. My hair thrived, it was healthy and super long. Many said my hair was “goals” for them.

2011

2014

Continue!>>>


Fast forward to 2014, I had my first child and my hair was nearly waist length and very thick. I was so happy with my hair and I absolutely loved it. But unfortunately, that all changed nearly a year and a half after giving birth to my daughter. My hair was damaged, brittle, and breaking off. It just wasn’t how it used to be at all.

Having long hair means nothing if it’s unhealthy.

If you have been following me you know that I have been posting all about my postpartum hair loss, and how I had to learn to care for my hair all over again after having my baby. I also talked about how I wasn’t feeling my natural hair. So, I decided it was time for a major change.

I am turning 30 on September 25th of this month and I wanted a fresh start. What better way to begin this new chapter in life than with a fresh hair cut. This natural hair journey is really a journey because I promise you guys, I am STILL on that “journey” LOL! Everyday I am learning new ways to care for my hair through all the changes I have experienced. We all go through changes in life, and change is not always bad. Since my haircut I feel so refreshed and renewed, like I pressed the reset button I just can’t explain it. I am very happy with my choice to cut my hair and I can’t wait to see it flourish once again! Cheers to a new start!! #Flirty30





from Curly Nikki | Natural Hair Care http://ift.tt/2cD39Ro

No comments:

Post a Comment