Friday, August 12, 2016

It's A Great Day To Be A Simone

Pictured Simone Manuel on left, Simone Biles on right

By Tiffani Greenaway of MyMommyVents.com

Biles. Manuel. Nina, even. It’s a great day to be a Simone.

Continue Reading >>>


Both Simone Biles and Simone Manuel have made history in Rio, winning gold in their fields. Simone Manuel is the first African American woman to win an individual event in Olympic swimming, setting a record of 52.70 seconds in the 100-meter freestyle—that’s less than a minute! Nineteen year old Simone Biles, competing at her first Olympic Games, defied gravity and won all-around gold in gymnastics. A three-time world champion, this Simone has won 14 world medals, the most ever for a US female gymnast.

“I definitely think it raises some awareness and will get them inspired,” Manuel said. “I mean, the gold medal wasn’t just for me. It was for people that came before me and inspired me to stay in the sport. For people who believe that they can’t do it, I hope I’m an inspiration to others to get out there and try swimming. You might be pretty good at it.”

"I'm not a celebrity. I'm just Simone Biles, but it's amazing to be recognized for all of this success for myself and for team USA," Biles told reporters. "I'm not the next Usain Bolt or Michael Phelps, I'm the first Simone Biles. To me, I'm just the same Simone. I just have two Olympic gold medals now.”

********************
Tiffani Greenaway is the wife and mom behind MyMommyVents, a New York city parenting blog. Her tips have been seen on Yahoo Parenting, Mommy Noire, and Fit Pregnancy. Find more of Tiffani's work at mymommyvents.com.




from Curly Nikki | Natural Hair Care http://ift.tt/2aIhK11

No comments:

Post a Comment