Wednesday, March 7, 2018

The Sweeter Side of Hair Removal. I Tried the Sugaring Method.

Sugaring paste
By Jashima Wadehra

Ladies, Ladies, Ladies!

However you prefer to keep your bikini area is your discretion, I prefer to engage in hair removal. Through my late teens my razor and I made do until I realized that it was simply much too much effort and lets be honest…………. The itch is REAL. Between the upkeep, discomfort and general thought of sharp blades on sensitive skin, shaving is a hell naaaah for me.
 
For the past few years I’ve been an avid waxer, it's quick, on time and does the job (all while reducing my hair growth overall). But recently, I had a dinner date with a friend and she told me about SUGARING. What's that you say?

Continue 
Like… a sugar-ring? (I think I'm funny), no but seriously, sugaring is a new popular hair removal treatment based on the old method of mixing sugar, honey and lemon into a paste. All hands no- strips. As opposed to traditional waxing practices where one applies hot wax to skin in the direction of hair growth and rips it off with a strip, sugaring consists of a room temperature paste being hand applied and removed. The concept is meant to be a better alternative primarily because Sugaring targets the hair and follicle itself, it's too mild to adhere to skin cells since it does not contain resins, therefore you forgo potential burns, rashes and reactions. No hair and No skin damage.

It sounded too good to be true, so when I checked in on yelp and saw that I could get my armpits done for free, I decided to give it a try and made an appointment on the Sugaring website.



The Sugaring locations are a bit like a girly girl paradise, everything is pink and plush. Upon entry you feel an overwhelming calm and the professionals are fantastic. I checked in, changed and hopped up on the table. The lovely staff confirmed my comfort level several times, made sure the wax was neither too hot nortoo tacky and began the process.

Aside from the pleasant conversation and aesthetically pleasing set up, the actual hair removal was much less painful than traditional waxing and really quick, I was out of there in less than 15 minutes yalll! Granted I went in trimmed up but either way, I reckon it'll be snippety quick for you too.

I didn't see return hair growth for about two weeks and am currently in week 6 and still have minimal growth. Of course results are contingent on your individual body type and hair growth but Lord knows I'm not maddddddd!

The price tag for a brazilian came out to about $60 give or take and as a NYC resident, this is pretty average across the board. Sugaring offers specials and monthly memberships as well.

Needless to say, you could catch me on the sweet side, Sugaring has a new regular.

Would you give sugaring a try?
Jashima Wadehra is a writer, dancer, entrepreneur, and lover of people based in NYC.  She can be found blogging at overpriced coffee shops or on a plane heading to a new place to write about.  Follow her on instagram at @TheChatterboxlifeEnthusiast and check out her new blog TheChatterBoxLifeEnthusiast.com
Tell me how you feel! Do you have a preferred hair removal method?


from Natural Hair Care | Curly Nikki http://ift.tt/2Flo3H9

No comments:

Post a Comment