Monday, July 3, 2017

What Are You Assuming?


I must have gone to bed last night with Gma on the mind cause I had several vivid dreams about her. The most memorable one, as it was the one right before I woke up, spoke to something I've been struggling with.

Continue!>>>
We were riding, how we used to, to some family event.  Mom and Dad were in the front seat, Gma, Gene and I were in the backseat, talking shit.  At some point, after a few laughs, and what felt like hours, I looked over at her and the thought came, 'why haven't I seen her in a while.  I miss this. ' I then quickly realized I was dreaming and everything got lucid AF.  I said, 'Gma, you shouldn't be here, you're dead.' She smiled at me and said, 'But you see how easy it was to assume otherwise? Don't make this hard.  It's easy.'  Then I woke up, hella WOKE and ready to put it to the test, until a few minutes passed and the ease of 'conscious assumptions' seemed daunting again.

We are assuming a lot of things about ourselves, in every moment of our lives.  And those assumptions reflect back to us as 'facts'.  And then we assume these 'facts' to be hard and fast and we don't see just how malleable they actually are! If you're currently assuming, 'I gotta work 9-5 doing something I don't love, so that I can afford to travel and do the things I love', that'll be your experience. Simply change that assumption to, "I'm making lots of money doing what I love, inspiring and being of service to others", and that'll be reflected back to you.  The key is to actively assume that you already are what you want to be.  YOU'RE ALREADY THAT!  The minute the desire pops into your awareness, it's already yours.  I promise you it is-- from my own personal experience.  If God gave you the desire, you have the ability to bring it into the world (with life/God working through you).  Your only job is to accept it as fact... to feel it, to assume it. Become who you want to be.  Believe it's already here and now (in every moment), and it'll express itself, effortlessly.  The 'hard' part is being empowered enough to create new assumptions.  Persisting in the old assumptions is easy and lazy.  Change comes from within you, and any actions you attempt to take 'out there' will be in vain, unless you change yourself first.


I've assumed a lot of things in the last 10 years-- that I no longer needed a 9-5 to live, that I could travel internationally and luxuriously whenever I wanted, that I could joyously strive toward financial freedom, be a good mom, a dope wife to an even doper husband and spend my days inspiring women who look like me.  I'm still excited to see all of this and more reflected back to me and just as excited to see my new chosen assumptions take form.  And whether it was a deeper layer of my consciousness or Gma speaking to me, I know more than ever how effortless it all is.

I'm on day 5 of a challenge with a couple of close friends.  We are choosing new assumptions and walking in the feels of these new assumptions for the next 30 days.  I'll keep you posted on what I learn!  Also, let me know if you want to see more on this topic-- I'd be happy to dive in deeper.

Later Gators,
Nik

p.s. Dr. Daddy aka Gene aka my hubby of almost 9 years (in the pic above) must be assuming he's aging backwards!   xoxo


from Natural Hair Care | Curly Nikki http://ift.tt/2uiKLGE

No comments:

Post a Comment