Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Kappa Remakes Video for Guy’s 90s R&B Hit ‘Let’s Chill’ to Propose to Girlfriend


By Sharee Silerio

What things can turn a bad day around for you? For me, it’s 90s R&B and true love, especially black love!

Continue Reading


Lately, my timelines have been full of sweet, unique and touching proposal videos. The viral “Will you marry me?” moments are beautiful to see, and Trevon Davis’ proposal was no different.

Davis, with help from his Kappa Alpha Psi line brothers Montra Scott, Rayvon Washington and Tolan Jackson, remade the video for Guy’s 1990 R&B hit “Let’s Chill”.

Shot by Nightfall Motion Pictures, the 8-minute video perfectly tells the story of how Davis met Franchelle Hill, his bride-to-be, while showing the growth of their relationship.

It’s an amazing homage to throwback 90s music and heartwarming depiction of what it looks like to be black and in love.

“I grew up listening to old school music and I knew that let’s chill by guy symbolized somebody ready to settle down and spend the rest of their life with someone!” Trevon told Watch The Yard. “It took about one month to shoot the video. I had to make it perfect for her. Every detail counted. I would imagine her reaction to something and that would encourage me to give more thought to this project!”

Trevon’s surprise had Franchelle smiling from ear to ear.

“My initial reaction was just absolute shock and humor because I honestly could not believe that it was done, but once the day was over and I got to re-watch the video, I was overcome with emotions.” Franchelle said. He really put a lot of time and energy to make this project and just validated how lucky of a woman I am to have a man that loves and cares so much about little details.”

Take a look at the viral video below, including the original video from Guy.





What do you think about the proposal video? What does your dream marriage proposal look like?
****************************************
Sharee Silerio is a St. Louis-based freelance writer, Film and TV writer-producer, and blogger. When she isn’t creating content for The Root or The St. Louis American, she enjoys watching drama/sci-fi/comedy movies and TV shows, writing faith and self-love posts for SincerelySharee.com, relaxing with a cup of chai tea, crafting chic DIY event décor, and traveling. Review her freelance portfolio at ShareeSilerio.com then connect with her on FacebookInstagram and Twitter.


from Natural Hair Care | Curly Nikki http://ift.tt/2tCWjTM

No comments:

Post a Comment