Wednesday, October 12, 2016

5 Tips For Straightening 4C Hair without Heat Damage



In the 11 years that I’ve been natural, I’ve been able to successfully enjoy straightening my hair without heat damage. I attribute my success to the following tips :

Continue!>>>
(1) CLARIFY
Using a clarifying shampoo that will completely remove any product build up from your hair is a MUST. Your results will turn out much better when you start with a, “clean slate.”

2) PROTEIN TREATMENT
I love to use a protein treatment in the week leading up to straightening my hair. It helps to fortify my hair strands against manipulation and results in less breakage.

3) HEAT PROTECTANT
Yes, we all know about this one. But, in addition to using a heat protectant prior to blow drying your hair, you can also use one right before you apply your flat iron. I find that using a heat protectant twice helps my curls bounce back.


4) INVEST IN A QUALITY FLAT IRON
Not all flat irons are created equal. I have read so many horror stories of $40 flat irons inducing heat damage. It was enough to have me do some deep research and invest in a quality flat iron. A good flat iron will result in less passes through each section which translates to a lower probability of heat damage. You will definitely notice a difference.

5) LIMIT HEAT
Now don’t go getting heat happy. Remember that for your hair to stay its healthiest, it’s best to limit heat usage to once a month. Allow your hair sufficient time to recover from heat application and show it some love with a good deep conditioning session.

To see all these tips in action, watch the tutorial below!



from Curly Nikki | Natural Hair Care http://ift.tt/2dLDM5X

No comments:

Post a Comment