Monday, June 27, 2016

My New Book Is Here!



Hola Chica,

If you’re reading this, you may know that I wrote a book three years ago. And thanks to you, it became an instant classic, selling tens of thousands of copies in its first weeks, making both Publisher’s Weekly and The Washington Post Best-Seller’s Lists, and receiving an NAACP Image Award nomination for “Best Debut Author”. #CuzWeDoReadBoo #LoveYallForThat #SuperSquad

Continue!>>>
My first book was actually inspired by my work as a psychotherapist. Many of my clients were young Black women that lived in low-income housing. These women had many serious challenges in their lives, but when we weren’t dealing with that, seemingly mundane topics like hair and self image would come up more often than you’d think. I would’ve simply referred them to the blog but many of them didn’t have reliable access to the internet. So I compiled all the natural hair info in one very organized place, within arm’s reach of anyone with a public library card. Better Than Good Hair was about access and empowerment.

Three years hence and ‘natural hair is the new yaki #5’. I still get thousands of emails, but the questions have changed. Rather than empowerment and emotional support, women are looking for quick fixes, tips and tricks. To respond to all those emails would be instant carpal tunnel syndrome and I’m pretty sure I am just one detangling session from already being there.

So here it is ladies, my guide to help you through those times When Good Hair Goes Bad.

(back cover)

Due to the success of the first book, Harper Collins generously offered to publish the second book.  Which was great, but I had this crazy idea. So I ran off on the plug and called my friends at Dark and Lovely and have partnered with them to bring you my new book for free! Please consider When Good Hair Goes Bad my gift to you. Its' production has been a labor of love and I offer it to you, for $free.99, in that same loving spirit.

The book will be available for download starting July 1st at Darkandlovely.com. If you want to meet me and get a signed hard copy, catch me at Essence Fest on July 1st, at the Dark and Lovely booth, where I’ll be making one of my rare unicorn like appearances.

Later Gator,
Nik


from Curly Nikki | Natural Hair Care http://ift.tt/294yVtN

No comments:

Post a Comment