Thursday, June 23, 2016

How I Get a Perfect Perm Rod Set on Short Natural Hair - With NO Heat


Watch as MissKenK shows us how to achieve a smooth and bouncy rod set minus the heat!

You Will Need: 
  • Spray Bottle
  • Coconut Oil 
  • Leave-In (I used Cantu Shea Butter Leave In) 
  • Styling Gel (I used Eco Styler) 
  • Combs 
  • Clips 
Steps to a Perfect Perm Rod Set: 
  1. Wash and condition your hair. 
  2. Use a leave-in conditioner throughout your hair, using your hands to smooth it over. 
  3. Seal in moisture with coconut oil. Simply warm it by rubbing it in your hands.
  4. Detangle your hair with a comb. 
  5. Clip up your hair into sections. 
  6. Grab a small piece of hair and apply a dab of leave-in conditioner and a dab of gel to the piece. 
  7. Detangle the small section with a brush for a more polished finished look. 
  8. Grab your rod (size depends on the length of your hair) and roll from the center.
  9. Hook each of your rods and let it dry for about 8 hours (or until your hair is dry).
  10. For the take down, unhook your rods and unroll each section. 
  11. Once done, separate each curl in the direction of the curl using your fingers. 
  12. Pick at the roots with an afro pick to give your hair a little lift. 
No Fail Tips I Like to Use: 
  • Spray sections that are drying with a water bottle. You want your hair to be damp or wet during the process. 
  • Make sure the roller is smooth on your hair so that when it dries you have a smooth curl.
  • For the take down, coat your fingers in oil (I like coconut oil) so that you don't get frizz from touching your hair!
  • When rolling, be sure to pay attention to the direction you roll. My back section is rolled down, my top rolled forward, and my sides are rolled toward my face. 
That's it! Watch my video to see just how I do it: 


What's your process for a dope rod set? 


from Curly Nikki | Natural Hair Care http://ift.tt/196irbo

No comments:

Post a Comment