Thursday, February 25, 2016

On Teaching Our Daughters to Embrace Their Natural Hair


Takesha writes:

This was a photoshoot with my daughters and I (ages 6, 22, 21 and my 19 year old stepdaughter). I love doing different themed shoots with them to showcase all of our natural hair looks. Not only is it a memorable bonding experience, but it's also an excellent way to celebrate naturalness.

Continue!>>>
Although we all have different textures and lengths, it's still beautiful. My main reason behind this natural mothers and daughters journey is to instill in my 6 year old that her natural hair is beautiful... a symbol of her beauty. By her witnessing her big sisters and I rocking our fros, it makes her embrace her natural hair even more.

Our favorite products are Cantu's line for natural hair. I love how the Sulfate-Free Cleansing Cream Shampoo cleanses the hair without leaving it dull. Also the Leave-In Conditioning Repair Cream and the Conditioning Creamy Hair Lotion are always in high demand in our household. Although our hair textures are different, Cantu seems to work well for all of us.

For my baby girl, I use the Cantu line for kids and I love giving her hot oil treatments with Coconut Oil. I love how it moisturizes her hair and she loves how it smells. Due to my busy schedule, I like to keep her hair in braids/twists. However, I love watching her rock her signature afro between braiding. Allowing her to sport her afro not only helps to instill a positive body image, but builds her self-esteem as well.

How are you helping the ladies in your life to embrace their natural beauty?



from Curly Nikki | Natural Hair Care http://ift.tt/1R4yR6n

No comments:

Post a Comment