Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Be the Boss of Your Finances With These Easy Breezy Apps


By Kira Sparkles

Are your finances not exactly where they should be? That’s okay! You’re in good company. Only 30% of Americans have any kind of savings or investment plan and roughly the same number have an actual budget for their household which means a lot of us have some work to do. Am I where I want to be financially? Absolutely not. However, I’ve managed to sock away some money in a savings account and even raise my credit score (woop woop!). I’m realizing the path to fixing my finances is a journey just like anything else. People talk about hair journeys and fitness journeys, so let’s take a finance journey. I promise it doesn’t have to be daunting. In fact, the first step is easy: awareness.

In the digital age, a lot of us don’t carry cash, but we do carry cell phones that have amazing apps to help keep us focused on our goals. I wanted to share some of my personal favorites that I hope can help you too.

Continue



Mint
Mint is my personal favorite because it gives a visual breakdown of where your money’s going through charts. It even shows if you spend more or less than the national average in food, clothing, etc. You can make a budget through Mint and it’ll tell you if you’re on task or going just a bit over. Mint’s also amazing for setting goals to go on vacation, or save up for a spa day, or whatever your heart desires. It’s even great at tracking your bills and making notes on when they’re due.




Cleo
Cleo is a newer app that works through your Facebook messenger. You can also make a budget through Cleo, but the difference is, she’s really insistent on keeping you up to date. You can receive notifications every day to see how your bank account is looking. If you’re thinking of buying something a little out of your budget, Cleo does the quick math to see if it’s feasible without breaking the bank.



You Need A Budget
One of my friends swears by this app. This one is much more simplified in goal setting and budget making. I like the charts that Mint provides, but if you’re more straight and to the point, YNAB is as straightforward as it gets. It boasts the claims that users saved $200 in the first month. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain with this one.




Pinterest
Doesn’t seem like Pinterest would make the list for this, but listen. I love Pinterest. I know people typically use it as a recipe and craft go-to, but it’s excellent for financial resources too. The bulk of people writing articles on Pinterest are moms. If anyone can save your budget and your life? It’s a mother. There are so many tips and tricks that I’m confident you’ll find something that resonates with you.

Every journey begins with the first step, and with these apps you’ll be set on the path to wealth. 


Would you try these apps? What budgeting tips work best for you?
Kira is a passionate, outspoken writer keeping it real for the people. She's a UF graduate with a soft spot for cats. Read more of her work at her blog KiraSparkles!


from Natural Hair Care | Curly Nikki https://ift.tt/2KmuoA0

No comments:

Post a Comment