Friday, August 10, 2018

1 REALLY Great Reason to Drink Kombucha Tea!


By Kira Sparkles

After being sick for nearly a week, with no appetite and unable to stomach anything except for a little water, I woke up feeling like an entirely new woman, like I was never sick in the first damn place. I felt radiant and amazing and my mood was sky high! It’s going to sound crazy, but I owe this to a fizzy, fermented tea called Kombucha. It sounds like some white, hippie bullshit but let me wax poetic and make you care for a second.

Continue

Kombucha is absolutely amazing because first of all, it’s packed with probiotics. You’ve no doubt heard about probiotics because that’s what’s in yogurt (Activia, anyone?). Probiotics are the bacteria that’s good for you, but specifically, good for your gut. We neglect our gut and when that happens it can lead to diarrhea or even IBS. However, making kombucha a regular part of your diet helps fend off against that. But that’s not all! It’s been known to boost your immunity, help digestion and give you a boost of vitamin B, antioxidants and folic acid. Now, I’m not claiming kombucha is some kind of magic cure all, but after being at death’s door for nearly a week, then drinking it for 3 days to find myself feeling refreshed and filled with energy, maybe there’s something to it. After all, it’s nothing new. This drink was traced back to 220 B.C. in China. It’s made from tea, water, sugar and a SCOBY! (That stands for symbiotic culture of bacteria and yeast). It forms as a mushroom-like layer that sits at the top and gives all those benefits.

Kombucha Scoby
How does it taste?
Now I know what you’re thinking, “Kira, that’s cool and all but that sounds like a science project.” I get it. It sounds weird, but I will say if you like ANY kind of alcohol, it ALSO goes through a similar process as kombucha….But I’m not going to lie, the first time I tried kombucha, I didn’t like it. Sometimes kombucha can be too tart or almost have a slight vinegar taste. The only reason I was willing to give it a second try was because the brand I bought from had multiple flavors and there was a sale. In saying all of that and after much trial and error, I would recommend to anyone trying it for the first time to buy a flavor from Synergy called ‘Divine Grape’. It tastes like a less sweet grape soda and is by far my favorite. I also really like Synergy’s ‘Multi Green.’ It’s sweet, mellow and a little nutty. At its best, drinking kombucha is like having a less sweet soda - and could replace soda for you!

Where can you find it?

With its growing popularity, the formulas and flavors have only gotten better. You might even be able to find a local business that makes kombucha. In my town, there’s a place that has apple cinnamon kombucha that tastes absolutely incredible. If you’re feeling REALLY adventurous, you could try making it yourself, but if you do that be careful. I’m 100% here for the DIY life, but make sure to follow any recipe you find carefully and sanitize everything you use to avoid bad bacteria. Otherwise, you can find kombucha just about anywhere. Even Walmart is carrying kombucha now. It usually costs two or three bucks per bottle at most. Really, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

To everyone who’s brave enough after this article to try it, sound off! To those of you who are kombucha veterans, testify! Cheers, and here’s to your health!
Kira is a passionate, outspoken writer keeping it real for the people. She's a UF graduate with a soft spot for cats. Read more of her work at her blog KiraSparkles!


from Natural Hair Care | Curly Nikki https://ift.tt/2MySj0M

No comments:

Post a Comment