Friday, June 30, 2017

Twitter's Newest VP Is A Black Woman


Let's see if you can sum up your joy in 140 characters.

Continue Reading


Early this week, Twitter announced Candi Castleberry-Singleton as their new Vice President of Diversity and Inclusion.

Prior to joining Twitter, Castleberry-Singleton led the Dignity &Respect Campaign, a consulting firm helping organizations build cultural awareness and diversity.

“I’m so excited to join the team at Twitter to lead inclusion and diversity efforts for employees and the Twitter community,” Castleberry Singleton said in a statement to TechCrunch. “I’ve spent much of my career leading organizational change...and I look forward to bringing what I’ve learned to Twitter and building on the company’s great progress!”

While women make up 37% of Twitter's overall global workforce, Blacks and Hispanics, represented just 7 percent. Nine out of 10 employees are white or Asian and about two-thirds are men. Castleberry-Singleton's hire comes after controversy surrounding Twitter's previous pick for VP of Diversity and Inclusion, Jeffrey Siminoff-- a White man.

Castleberry-Singleton has resolved to bring more inclusion to the tech world. “I consider myself to be diversity and inclusion leader,” she said. “I get up every day believing there are more good people in the world than bad people and there is more good in the world than evil. It is the only way I can do this work.”

Her hire comes amidst the company's push to hire more minorities. In the last year Twitter has appointed Debra Lee, chairman and CEO of BET Networks to their board, and brought on industry vet Jayanta Jenkins as their global group creative director, helping Twitter reach its goal of having six percent or more underrepresented minorities in leadership roles.

“If we can move to a society of respect, we can co-exist in spite of our differences," said Castleberry-Singleton. "Some may call me a dreamer, but I know I am not the only one.”

What do you think of Twitter's new VP selection? Are you surprised? 
**********************
Tiffani Greenaway is the wife and mom behind MyMommyVents, a New York city parenting blog. Her tips have been seen on Yahoo Parenting, Mommy Noire, and Fit Pregnancy. Find more of Tiffani's work at mymommyvents.com.


from Natural Hair Care | Curly Nikki http://ift.tt/2urLc0C

No comments:

Post a Comment