Monday, October 15, 2018

Fotki Days and Boy Mom Life


Hola Chicas!

Two things:

1. When I first started blogging (Oct 2008... 10 years ago last week!), it was the Fotki days.  The original IG! I'd snap a pic of myself first thing in the morning to share some essential hair revelation, and wouldn't think about the fact that I was completely bare faced... we didn't have filters... no apps to smooth out ya shit... there were no IG eyebrows... I was usually in a robe or sweatshirt.  Hell, I was barefaced (save for a neutral lippie) at my own wedding in Aug '08!

Continue!>>>


Fast forward to today. It almost feels as if you can't take a 'fresh face' pic unless you explicitly state the reason why you'd do such a thing (to show off how good and youthful your situation is, of course, or as a brave gesture of self-love). The only problem is, I'm 'fresh face' everyday... I only wear makeup when I have something major to do that involves cameras or a public appearance.  But when I take my pics, I feel like, I look like who I am-- a tired, but happy momma, doing the best she can.  I worry that I look like Alicia Keys in her no makeup phase... beautiful, but... a little sleepy? I've been back on IG for about 6 months now, and I mostly share words.  When I do share a pic, it feels like a whole thing. Sometimes I even draw an end on my sparse brows and swipe on a little BB cream (I never wear it cause I hate washing it off). Am I alone in this?  Or do you love getting dolled up to snap a selfie? Do you don a whole, full face most days? Did you just start? Like one day you just turned a corner and had a 1 hour morning makeup regimen? Let me know in the comments!


2. Requisite Fall pic!  Max was over it. He's generally jaded on everything.  Very different from Gia. Very much about wrecking ish.  But when he's giving kisses and hugs, I melt, and all is forgotten.  Boys, tho.  This is a whole 'nother situation.  Why didn't y'all tell me?!!!!! What is the effective form of discipline when all you're saying is 'no! stop it! Max, sit down!' all day? He's a great listener, and fully understands what we ask him, but like Gia says, 'he's like me, he just wants to do what he wants to do, that's all!'  SOS!

Later Gators,
Nik


from Natural Hair Care | Curly Nikki https://ift.tt/2QLWyrq

No comments:

Post a Comment