Wednesday, January 4, 2017

3 Things to Help You Reach Your Hair Goals in 2017!



by Kanisha Parks of Shessaved.com

It’s official: 2017 is here to stay, so it’s time to hit the ground running with those hair goals! Whatever you want to achieve- healthier hair, longer hair, BSL, MBL, WL, (the list goes on) is definitely within reach. Practicing good hair habits and being consistent with your routine will get you to the finish line, and these three tools will help ensure a road to success!

It’s not about a magic product or pill, but knowing what works for you and your hair, and keeping track of your progress. By incorporating these three tools into my hair regimen, I’ve not only made progress with my hair but I’ve been able to see it as it happens by keeping track of my goals and growth.

I hope that 2017 will be a prosperous hair year for you, too! If you don’t already have these three tools, consider including them in your regimen:

Continue!>>>




1. HAIR PLANNER (JUSTGROWALREADY), $14.99
You don’t necessarily need a hair planner in order to achieve your hair goals, but having one has really helped me. I purchased my planner back in July and since then, I’ve been filling it with all of my hair goals, product purchases, and weekly hair plans.

You can also write down your hair regimen, which is super important in terms of hair growth. Developing a routine and sticking to it is far more effective than fruitlessly hunting for the perfect product.

Plus, if you’re a visual learner like me, writing down your hair goals and seeing them on paper somehow makes them feel more attainable. Down the road, you’ll be able to look back and see for yourself just how far you’ve come.


2. SCALP MASSAGING SHAMPOO BRUSH (VITAGOODS), $19.99
A lot of people like to use these scalp massaging shampoo brushes to shampoo their hair, (which is perfectly fine and wonderful). But after attempting to use mine to shampoo, I realized I hated it! I prefer using my fingers and really getting in there. It was like with the shampoo brush, I couldn’t tell what was going on.

But I love using it for scalp massages, which I do at least 2-3 times a week. Scalp massages are known to stimulate the scalp and help boost hair growth. Plus, after a long day there’s nothing more relaxing than this bad boy on my scalp. It legit feels so so amazing.

My sister actually gifted me my scalp massager, and it’s just the basic blue one. But Vanity Planet sells them in a ton of colors, including this adorable yellow, which is my favorite color. But if you’re not picky about the color, you can just pick one of these up at Walmart.


3. IONIC SOFT BONNET DRYER (GOLD N’ HOT), $37.79
There are at least five ways to deep condition with heat: simply wrapping a towel around your shower cap and relying on body heat, using a thermal cap, sitting underneath a hooded dryer, using a bonnet attachment, or a complete ionic soft bonnet dryer (mentioned above).

Each option has its pros and cons: body heat deep conditioning is minimal and not nearly as intensive as using real heat. A thermal cap like this one from HotHead Thermal Hair Care lasts up to 45 minutes and has to be microwaved. I love using my thermal cap when I’m feeling super lazy and don’t mind leaving my deep conditioner on a little longer because most likely, I’ll fall asleep.

Sitting underneath a hooded dryer requires you to be stationary (and it’s a little old school). A soft bonnet attachment gets the job done but honestly, the idea of attaching a bonnet to my blow dryer has always kind of frightened me a bit. It may sound silly, but I get scared the thing is going to blow up or something!

So that’s why I’m partial to the ionic soft bonnet dryer. Knowing that the bonnet is already attached and integrated into the technology of the ionic soft bonnet dryer somehow makes me feel more comfortable. Plus, it’s versatile- you can use it for deep conditioning or for setting styles and it’s portable.

No matter how you choose to deep condition, just make sure that you deep condition! I can’t sing the praises of deep conditioning enough. I think it should be an integral part of any hair care regimen, but especially if you’re looking to grow longer hair and retain length. Deep conditioning fortifies your hair and helps it stay moisturized.

When it comes to hair growth, remember that what’s really important is developing good hair habits that will keep your hair healthy- moisturized, shiny, strong, and resilient against damage. There are literally thousands of great hair products on the market but what’s really going to make the difference in your hair is just sticking to what works. For me, that’s maintaining a consistent routine, stimulating my hair growth, and deep conditioning.

WHAT TOOLS/PRODUCTS DO YOU USE TO HELP RETAIN LENGTH? COMMENT BELOW!


******************************

Kanisha is a Christian writer, author, and founder of ShesSaved.com, where she blogs about faith, natural hair, and more. Find her on Instagram @shessaved or for business inquiries, email contact@shessaved.com.


from Natural Hair Care | Curly Nikki http://ift.tt/2hQ8kiA

No comments:

Post a Comment