Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Organix Coconut Milk Conditioner: Review for Natural Hair


“Pssst… I got that good good.” I was walking down the aisle at Tarjay (Target for my international curly sisters) and I swear the little white and gold bottle on the shelf was toying with my inner PJism. Determined to be strong I kept it moving. I turn to go on the next aisle and there it was laying all alone partially under the wheel of my cart….a damn coupon. Awww damn I thought, now I have to buy it; the thing said a whopping $1.00 off. Not one to pass up a good deal; I bought two bottles and skipped my junkie behind home.


How I Use It:
  • In the shower, I slapped on some good ole HE Totally Twisted and finger-combed through my strands after I’d separated my hair into 4 sections.
  • After detangling, I let the HE sit in my hair while I cleansed. I’ve found that the steam from the shower coupled with the conditioning elements in HE really enhance the moisturizing effects.
  • I rinsed completely and then it happened…. I flipped open the cap to the Organix bottle squirting a generous amount into the palm of my hand and WOW!!! My mouth started watering, conga drums started playing, and the sound of ocean waves crashing filled my little shower. When I say this stuff smells good, it smells good! I closed my eyes and began massaging it into my hair….ding ding ding ding YO!! This stuff is the BOMB DOT COM! It melted onto my strands, loving on them as I applied from root to ends. But seriously ladies, as a product addict, I’ve had my share of product affairs and I might have to go on and “boo” this one up. Yes I said it, I think I’m ready to commit.
Why I like it:
  •  I was bummed when my hair rejected coconut oil; I want the vitamins and nutrients it provides and as a junkie being rejected by a product is NO BUENO for my image. Organix Coconut Milk Conditioner gives my hair the nourishing effects of coconut in a medium that my hair appreciates. You see, coconut oil feels great on my hair while it’s wet. Once my hair dries though it feels like greasy straw. My hair feels amazing after the Organix dries which is so relieving.
  • The ingredients are yummyliscious (it’s a word damnit) with ingredients like organic coconut milk, whipped egg white proteins, and a little something called Behentrimonium Methosulphate (I’ve found this is a key element that my hair is really attracted to).
  • Works great as a DT (especially after henna), leave-in, and co-wash.
  • Finally, and very important ladies, the smell alone is guaranteed to get you some. My hubby was losing his mind, face and fingers all in my tresses…you know how I do.
Price and Where to Buy: $6.99/130z --purchase from Walgreens and other drug stores

Ingredients: 
Dl Water (- Aqua) , Cetyl Alcohol , Behentrimonium , Cetearyl Alcohol , Cetearyl Glucoside , Glyceryl Stearate , Glycerin , Cyclomethicone , Dimethicone , Jojoba Oil , Panthenol , Silk Amino Complex , Coconut Milk , Egg White Protein , Coconut Oil , Tocopheryl Acetate (- Vitamin E) , Tetrasodium EDTA , Fragrance , DMDM Hydantoin, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone

This post was originally published in 2009 and has been updated for grammar and clarity.


from Curly Nikki | Natural Hair Care http://ift.tt/1qNBBzI

No comments:

Post a Comment