Monday, June 18, 2018

Nas Is My Favorite Rapper, But I Still Haven’t Been Able to Bring Myself to Listen To ‘Nasir’

PHOTO ILLUSTRATION BY SARAH ROGERS/THE DAILY BEAST

By Britni Danielle

His raspy voice first boomed through my headphones on the Wake Up Show anthem back in 1994, changing my life forever. I remember sitting up in bed when he began spitting his intricate rhymes, wondering who the hell he was and how I could hear more. At the time, I was shy and quiet, and spent most of my time trying to make sense of my parents’ tenuous relationship, which wobbled on the precipice of divorce. Just when I needed it most, the kid who’d dubbed himself "the corrupt novelist Nas" invaded my ears, giving me something else to obsess over than the demise of my family.


from Natural Hair Care | Curly Nikki https://ift.tt/2t44uLA

No comments:

Post a Comment