Thursday, January 11, 2018

Serena Reveals What Keeps Her Humble In Sweet IG Post!


Photo via Serena Williams' IG
By Erickka Sy Savané

If you spend anytime online then you've seen pics of tennis GOAT Serena Williams and gorgeous daughter Olympia gracing the cover of February's Vogue magazine! She looks vulnerable, happy and fit-as-a-fiddle. Safe to say, motherhood suits her like Grand Slam titles. So what keeps this new wife, mom, and champion humble, you ask? Serena reveals it in this super sweet IG post that will have you saying, 'Awe....'

Photo by Mario Testino via Vogue magazine
Serena Writes...
"Women. They are so prominent strong and vital to my life. My mom raised 5 women (one passed) and 3 grand children. I love this photo because we have a close bond. This is what keeps me humble. They are not afraid to tell me anything after all I am the youngest of 5. I'm so happy Olympia has my mom as her grandma (of course she has Alexis Stepmom as well) and I"m happy she has aunts like my sisters Venus , Isha , Lyn and Alexis' sisters Amy and Hayley. Alll women! Coincidence? I think it not. She will fit right in.
In case you missed it, here are some other photos from her epic Vogue photo shoot, shot by famed photographer Mario Testino!

Perfect combo of mommy and daddy?

Olympia is a natural in front of the camera

Cutest cuddle ever!

Serena & hubby Alexis have fun! Do we predict mo' babies in the future???
*****
What keeps you humble?
Erickka Sy Savané is managing editor of CurlyNikki.com, a wife and mom, based in Jersey, City. Her work has appeared in Essence.comEbony.comMadamenoire.com and more. When she’s not writing...wait, she’s always writing! Follow her on Twitter and Instagram or ErickkaSySavane.com


from Natural Hair Care | Curly Nikki http://ift.tt/2D1gFQ0

No comments:

Post a Comment