Monday, November 5, 2018

Maya Angelou's Prayer and Meditation Practice!


"Along this path of knowledge, I find that prayer and meditation are elemental. Guidance comes from those practices. Sometimes in meditation one really tries to think of nothing. I do, anyway. I try not to have any focus or use any focus to get away from everything. I try to make myself a quiet vessel, a quiet pool where ideas can rise. Prayer, on the other hand, does focus and keeps the focus in focus. I think that I use both to get myself out of the way. Sometimes our daily problems can so impede our progress to quietude that one needs to step aside. I think when we step aside, when get apart from everyone else and any other ideas and meditate and pray, I think that we can be led to the knowledge of how to meet our next challenge, whatever it is--whether it's physical, psychological, practical, social. I believe that."
...
"Some people tell me I have an abundant life, and I have to agree. There's a song that I've known forever, 'My father's rich in houses and land, He holds the world... all the world in his hands. His coffers are filled with silver and gold. My father's riches, he has riches untold. And I am a child of a king.' So, if I'm a child of the king and my father has everything and loves me... you understand? So, I ask for everything- everything I need, and I have much more than I need." - Maya Angelou

Continue!>>>


This week, I want you to prioritize the Silence. Make yourself the 'quiet vessel' and 'get out of your own way', so that you may hear HER thoughts, and unfold HER path. 5-10 minutes every morning is all you need, before you get out of bed and start your day... but every day, though. No excuses. No exceptions. Will you commit?

Fun Fact: In a random interview I stumbled upon today, Oprah shared that 'Discover the Power Within You', by Eric Butterworth changed her life early on, helping her discover the presence of the Kingdom within. It was one of the first spirituality books she read! So naturally I Googled it, and when I saw that the queen, Maya Angelou, had written the foreword to the 40th anniversary edition, I had to have it (if Maya mess wit chu, I mess wit chu!). I'm well into the middle of the book and I HIGHLY recommend it!

I also came across a great 6 minute talk by Butterworth on his Christian-based definition of mediation and I couldn't agree more. Check it out ASAP (and peep the battery analogy-- I LOVE IT!) and commit to emptying yourself out to make room for the Bliss!

Love you so much and know that this week is your week, HER season! Own it! Smile. You got this!
Nik

p.s. sign up for my #BeHerNow newsletter/reminders, HERE


from Natural Hair Care | Curly Nikki https://ift.tt/2SQZkxN

No comments:

Post a Comment