Thursday, July 21, 2016

How To Take Down Braid Extensions Without Losing Hair



Summertime is here, and you know what that means? Braids are in! We already know how to install protective styles, but do we know how to take them down without breakage? Braids are one of my favorite hairstyles because I tend to achieve maximum hair growth, so it bothers me to hear that my Curlfriends are losing hair! Here are 3 Easy Steps on How to Take Down Braids Without Losing Hair. Be sure to share your tips with me below!

Continue!>>>


Step 1: Wet hair
Wetting your hair is a MUST when taking down braids. Since kinky and curly hair are tightly coiled, we have to loosen it up a bit before taking the extensions out. Otherwise, when you begin to unravel, you’ll tear and rip the hair a part. I like to spritz my hair with warm water and oil before beginning.

Step 2: Apply Oil
This step can be used in conjunction with Step 1 or done separately. I like to do both. After wetting my hair, I’ll add oil to each individual braid, then unravel. This makes the task a lot easier and keeps my hair moisturized during the process.

Step 3: Add Conditioner/Detangle
Again, dry hair is a NO, NO when taking down braids and detangling! So once I remove a good amount of braids, I add a ton of conditioner to the section, finger detangle, then detangle again using a wide tooth comb.

REMEMBER, we’re dealing with a lot of hair here, so make it easy on yourself! WORK IN SMALL SECTIONS! Take a few braids down at a time and thoroughly detangle each portion. Once that’s completed, you’ve got a head start on your hot oil treatment and a prepoo. Just sit under the dryer for a few minutes with a plastic cap or leave it on overnight. Shampoo, then deep condition. Easy enough, right?

How do your take down your Protective Style? Do you lose a lot of hair after wearing braids? Share your comments with me below!



from Curly Nikki | Natural Hair Care http://ift.tt/2aclcju

No comments:

Post a Comment