Wednesday, March 13, 2019

6 MONTHS OF GROWTH AND LENGTH RETENTION


by Jascmeen of Jascmeen.com

I didn’t realize until I looked through the selfie folder on my iPhone that I’ve had a pretty amazing six months growth wise. In the picture above, the left image is from September 2015, the center image was taken in November 2015, and the one on the far right is a recent pic from this month (March.)

Sorry to disappoint, but I haven’t been doing anything fancy. I’ve been keeping it pretty simple with a nighttime routine that only involves 2-3 products. (Funny how that’s considered “simple,” right?)

Continue!>>>

Jamaican Black Castor Oil
I massage this into my hair every night. Not for a long time, just until my arms get tired. It gives me something to do while my night cream absorbs before I move on to the next part of my skincare routine. I do NOT apply it onto my hairline every night. I’m sort of paranoid that since the oil is so thick that it will clog my follicles and my edges wont be able to thrive. So I massage it every night into my scalp and along my hairline about every other night.

Cantu Leave-In Conditioning Repair Cream
Where would I be without this stuff? My ends love it. Since I’m usually protective styling with “Bye Felicia braids” under a wig, it’s easy to slather this nourishing cream onto my ends every night.

Coconut Oil
If I’m not babying my ends with the Cantu, I’ll dip my braids into a jar of coconut oil. If I’m fully stocked, I’ll even alternate between the Cantu and the coconut oil. One night I’ll use Cantu, the next night I’ll go for the coconut oil. As long as something is on my ends every night, I’m in good shape. I slide on my bonnet or silk scarf and that’s it for the night.

Take a look at my entire first year (with some pretty embarrassing pics) in this vid--



from Natural Hair Care | Curly Nikki https://ift.tt/1R99Z3u

No comments:

Post a Comment